Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The many ways to spell "Cabin Fever"?

It's been a while since I've blogged. It may be because I have cabin fever. This affliction is unwieldy. What I mean is, cabin fever isn't like other types of fevers like say, spring fever or yellow fever...it's different.

The right definition is something like:
cab·in fe·ver
noun
  1. irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.

Yes. What a pretty little package of words indeed. Just reading it makes me, rather, um, irritable. 

But hey, wasn't everyone crying when they shoveled snow this morning in minus 2 degree temperatures?


Ok I've gotten a hold of myself long enough to write this.

To really, "right this" one must harken back to an old wise man saying and it goes something like this: When depressed, stop thinking about yourself and do something good for others." Bingo...and just like that...like a cold bucket of snow over my head...I got it...ugh...again for the millionth time.

Wallow, wallow, wallow...in the depths of self pity....I've created a mountain of things I don't like and was nearly swallowed by the damn thing.

Just to recap...I don't like living alone in the middle of a blizzard. I don't like feeling sick with the flu and living alone in the middle of a blizzard. I don't like the pressures of work, relationships, money, getting older and did I mention having the flu!

Ok, that's out finally...I feel better already...

Now on to how I'm going to do good things for others.  It's so much easier to wallow than to swallow hard and kick one's self in the ass...

Let the kicking begin...

I'm inviting the world to my house for a yoga fest. I know that sounds stupid but I want everyone to get the hell out of their homes and join me for a one hour yoga class at my home on February 19 at 6:15 pm. 

Maybe you can't make it, but there will be a vegetarian supper following the class and did I mention wine?

I can honestly say that I've never felt bad after a yoga class. Here's why...
Yoga gets me breathing. Often in the winter when it's cold and I become shut inside, breathing seems, well, less important...I literally forget...I breath less and that has a way of shutting down my energy...stopping the flow...as they say...

When I do yoga in a group, I no longer feel alone...It's easy to get isolated in the winter, even when you live with people.  

Yoga stretches the stiffness out of my tired limbs...stagnant body only leads to a stagnant mind...

I may have room for 20 people so don't hesitate.
It could be the cure to what ails you....reservations are appreciated....allisonmarchese@aol.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment